Moving Storage Containers
Do you have a question about Lend A Box® that you’re afraid to ask us? As your second grade teacher always said, there are no stupid questions, but generally, they are the easiest to answer. Lucky for you, this isn’t school and we aren’t handing out grades. We are, however, handing out answers to the questions we are most frequently asked. If only your teachers had been that cool.
- How do I pay for my boxes and supplies?
We accept VISA, MasterCard, and Discover. We’ll take payment when you order online, over the telephone or when the Lend A Boxes and moving supplies are delivered to you. For corporate orders, invoicing is also an option.
- Will I receive a confirmation from Lend A Box® after I order my boxes and supplies?
Yes, you will receive an e-mail confirmation upon placing your order. And of course, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us with any questions you may have.
- Can I pick up the boxes at your warehouse instead of having them delivered?
If you’d like to save the delivery fee (or you just like visiting warehouses), you can call our offices to arrange for the pickup and return of the boxes at our warehouse. Please keep in mind that these boxes do take up space, so you’ll need to have a car with seats that lay down flat, or even better, an SUV or minivan with lots of room.
- Can I change the drop off or pick up dates for the boxes?
Absolutely. Should your moving plans change, simply call us to reschedule. We request at least 24 hours notice for schedule changes so we can efficiently plan our driver’s delivery schedules.
- Is there a cancellation fee if my plans change and I no longer need the boxes? If you need to cancel your order, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance and there will be no charge to you. Should you need to cancel your order within 24 hours before delivery, we will charge you 20% of the cost of your order (hey, those boxes could have been used by someone else if we hadn’t put them aside for you!).
- What is a pirates favorite letter? I know you think it’s the R, but it actually be the C.
- What other charges are there in addition to the cost of the box rental and purchase of moving supplies?
We get just as annoyed as you do when we find extra fees added to a “final price.” So here’s the deal. We charge a delivery fee to cover our labor and fuel costs. Otherwise, we don’t add anything to the cost of renting the boxes or purchasing the moving supplies (with, of course, the exception of applicable taxes).
- What if I need the boxes less than one week or more than four weeks?
We rent boxes in week-long intervals. So if you need them for just a few days, we’re happy to pick the boxes up when you are done, but you will be charged for the full week’s rental price. For longer than four week rental periods, contact us for pricing. You can send an email to email@example.com or give us a call.
- I love these boxes! Can I keep them?
Sure thing! And thanks for the love! Lend A Boxes may be purchased for $30 each. Wardrobe boxes are $70 each. Dollies are $120 each.
- What if I need more boxes after my delivery?
Most people find that our packages are sufficient to accommodate their move. If you need additional boxes, however, you can go online and order more or give us a call and we’ll get them to you.
- We’ve had some pretty crazy weather lately. What happens if there is a freak snowstorm or hurricane or earthquake on the day my boxes are to be delivered?
We try to be prepared for anything when providing excellent customer service to our clients. That being said, we also care about the safety of our drivers. So while we will do our utmost to get your order to you on time, if we can’t do that safely, we will call you to reschedule. We ask for your patience and understanding if events outside of our control require us to reschedule your delivery.
Box Deliveries and Pickups
- Do I have to be around when you deliver and pickup the boxes?
Although we would love to meet you, if the boxes and supplies or rental extensions have already been paid for ahead of time, and you have a safe space for the boxes that is easily accessible by our driver, we can easily arrange with you a delivery or pickup without you being there. If your apartment and condo community has a concierge desk, we are happy to coordinate delivery or pickup from them as well. Just make sure that you provide us with specific instructions and contact information, so everything goes smoothly.
- How quickly can Lend A Box® deliver boxes to me?
It’s best to schedule your delivery and pickup as soon as you know your dates to ensure you get the times you want. But we will strive to accommodate everyone’s requests, including short notice ones, to the best extent possible. We do offer same day delivery, which has an additional fee associated with it (typically $25.00).
- Which neighborhoods do you currently service? We provide services to most of Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. We also service the Maryland suburbs of D.C. We are expanding our service area, so let us know if there is an area you want us to cover.
- Why did the cowboy get a weiner dog? Because he wanted to get a long little doggie!
- I live on the fifth floor of an apartment building. Will you deliver the boxes to my door?
For liability reasons, our drivers cannot move the boxes up or down stairs or enter houses or other buildings. We will deliver the boxes, dollies, and supplies to the entrance of the building or house.
- What if I somehow manage to destroy or damage a box or other rental item during my move?
It hasn’t happened yet, but you could be the first. So we won’t berate you or send you to your room – we’ll just charge you the replacement cost ($30 per Lend A Box®, $70 per wardrobe box, and $120 per dolly).
- What products and services do you offer?
We rent 100% recyclable plastic boxes, wardrobe boxes, and dollies. Labels and security ties are included in the rental. We also sell environmentally friendly packing paper.
- Do you rent boxes for corporate moves or renovations?
Absolutely! We have special pricing for corporate clients, so please call us at (703) 988-2470 and we’ll get you set up.
- What are the benefits of using a Lend A Box® instead of cardboard?
There are so many reasons to choose Lend A Boxes over cardboard. Pick one or two (or all ten) that speak to you:
- Lend A Box® saves you time and money by delivering the boxes to your door and picking them up after your move. You avoid purchasing, assembling, breaking down, and disposing of cardboard boxes.
- One ton of cardboard is eliminated from landfills for every 10 four-bedroom packages or 50 studio packages rented from Lend A Box® .
- Lend A Boxes are made from 100% recyclable plastic. A Lend A Box® is used hundreds of times before being reground into another Lend A Box®. Cardboard boxes are typically used once or twice in their lifetime before ending up in a landfill.
- Producing one ton of cardboard requires 17 trees, 79 gallons of oil, 7,000 gallons of water, and 42,000 kilowatts of energy. By using our plastic boxes instead of cardboard for residential moves, Americans could save over 400 million gallons of oil, about 120 million trees, and almost 65 million cubic yards of landfill annually.
- Our moving supplies are environmentally sustainable options to traditional moving materials.
- Lend A Boxes are more sanitary than cardboard boxes because they do not let in rodents or moisture (which leads to bacteria and mold).
- Lend A Boxes are cleaned and disinfected between each use.
- Lend A Boxes are more space-efficient than varying sizes of cardboard boxes when packing a moving truck.
- Lend A Boxes will not collapse. They are stronger and able to have more weight stacked on top of them than cardboard boxes.
- Lend A Boxes will not shift as easily as cardboard boxes will during transport.
- Why is a Lend A Box® a better choice than a previously used cardboard box?
Previously used cardboard boxes are a cheaper alternative and certainly better for the environment than new cardboard boxes. But you still might not want to put your personal belongings in them. Old boxes could have been sitting in storage for a long period of time, exposing the boxes to rodents and insects; or they could have gotten damp, allowing bacteria and mold to grow. Eeeeewwwwww… And if you’re the kind of person who actually wants to use the stuff you pack after you get to your new place, you should know that cardboard boxes can collapse after only one or two uses. Lend A Boxes are used hundreds of times with no loss of strength, increasing the likelihood that your Great Aunt Millie’s prized salt and pepper shakers will arrive at your new place in tact.
- I saw BZ Box on Shark Tank. How are Lend A Boxes different? BZ Boxes are made of cardboard, while Lend A Boxes are made of 100% recyclable plastic. You can rent our boxes for the length of time you need them, instead of buying BZ Boxes. And in this fast paced world where we want everything yesterday, we provide almost instant gratification by delivering our boxes directly to your door – you have to go online for BZ Boxes and wait for delivery (which could take weeks).
- How are Lend A Boxes different from plastic boxes I can purchase at the store? Lend A Boxes are made of industrial strength plastic that will not shatter or collapse under the weight of heavy boxes on top of them. Plastic boxes available in the home storage areas of stores selling to the general public are not anywhere close to being as strong as a Lend A Box, as they are not made with the same type of plastic. They will shatter and they will collapse under heavy weight. Moreover, they are smaller in size than our standard boxes, so you’d need to get many more of them to pack up.
- Are Lend A Boxes clean? Do I need to worry about bugs or mold?
We clean and sanitize each box before each use to give you the happiest moving box experience possible. Even better, Lend A Boxes are 100% bug-free and mold-free guaranteed.
- Are there any restrictions on what I can put in the Lend A Boxes?
Pretty much anything can go into a Lend A Box®, but remember not to over pack and bend with your knees, not your back!
- Is Lend A Box® a moving company?
No. We provide the supplies you need to make your move easy and seamless. We do know lots of moving companies, however, so ask us for recommendations.
- Will Lend A Box® also pack and move my boxes?
No. Arranging for the packing and moving of your boxes is your responsibility. After all, we don’t want to take away all of your moving fun.
- Why shouldn’t you criticize someone until after you’ve walked a mile in their shoes? Because that way, when you criticize them you’ll be a mile away and you’ll have their shoes.
- My movers are packing for me. Can I still use Lend A Boxes?
Absolutely! In fact, professional movers love using Lend A Boxes because of their uniform size, strength, and stack-ability.
- I plan to remodel my home. Can I use Lend A Box to pack my stuff? Yes! We can provide boxes for your remodel or renovation. We can also recommend great remodeling companies.
- Do you recycle Lend A Boxes?
Yes. Once a Lend A Box®’s useful life is over, the box is reground and reincarnated as a spanking new Lend A Box®!
- This is such a cool company. Is Lend A Box® offering franchising opportunities?
We are not a franchise, but we are expanding quickly and would love to talk to you about how you can work with us. Give us a call!
- Sometimes Lend A Box team members tuck their knees into their chests and lean forward. That’s just how we roll around here.